Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Sunset over Harwich



This image was made from the Landguard Fort seafront at Felixstowe, looking over to Harwich. It wasn't quite sunset, but this was the last of the sun for the evening as it dipped behind cloud. This is actually one of a set of exposures which will make an HDR* shot, when I get round to processing them, but I'll have to wait and see which version I prefer. It is "under-exposed" by 2 stops, which preserved the colour and detail in the sky. I rather like the high contrast in this version. I've boosted the colour saturation to bring it back up to how it looked to me at the time.

Canon 60D with Canon EF-S 18-200 at 28mm, 1/320 sec at F/16, ISO 200

*HDR=High dynamic range, when you combine several exposures at different settings to bring out the detail in both the highlights and shadows.

No comments:

Post a Comment